Winter Park invites people of ALL ages to unleash their inner child. The Winter Park & Fraser Chamber offer 5 Ways to Feel Like a Kid Again. See what you think about the variety of ways to play in...
Winter Park and the Fraser Valley, located just 67 miles from Denver, is Colorado’s Favorite Playground. It’s where people of all ages can be a kid again (because let’s face it, being an adult isn’t all it’s cracked up to be most of the time!). Here are five ways to channel the child inside while in Winter Park, no matter your age.
- Thrills on Two Wheels Remember the first time you learned to ride a bike? Remember the exhilaration and the sense of freedom you felt? Tap into that excitement once again in Winter Park, dubbed “Mountain Bike Capital USA™.” With 600 miles of trails to explore “I’m bored” is never an excuse. Winter Park’s two downhill bike parks – Trestle Bike Park and Bike Granby Ranch – add even more adventure to the experience.
- Water Wow Fishing, rafting, kayaking, and stand-up paddling – it’s all available in Winter Park. There are several guided fishing trips that will help you reel in one heck of a good time (and that’s no fish tale!). Outfitters are also available for a butterflies-in-the-stomach-inducing rafting and kayaking tour down the legendary Colorado River. Want to learn something new again? Try stand-up paddling for a fun outing that will work your core like no gym class ever could (not to mention the much-improved scenery!).
- Downhill Delight Alpine sliding, tubing, sledding, downhill skiing and boarding are all part of the thrill of Winter Park. Winter Park boasts more tubing and sledding hills than any other Colorado destination. In the summertime, the adrenaline-pumping Alpine Slide at Winter Park Resort is a must-try. And, of course, who could forget the world-class skiing at Colorado’s Favorite™ - Winter Park Resort?
- Doggone Good Times Kids and dogs have a playful spirit that is simply unmatched. Reclaim that unabashed love of life with a dog sled ride in the winter or a dog cart ride in the summer. Dog Sled Rides of Winter Park offers a “howling” good time no matter the season.
- Entertaining Events From musical events that just beg for you to dance till you drop to rodeos, races and more – Winter Park has a fun-filled festival to capture every imagination. Some classics include the Winter Park Jazz Festival, the Winter Park Music Festival, the family-friendly Fourth of July Celebration (including the all-downhill 5-mile Run for Independence), and the High Country Stampede Rodeo. Need more ideas? Check out Winter Park's calendar of events.