The State of Colorado’s “5 Star” Certified Business Variance Program allows businesses to expand operations by implementing safety measures beyond what is already required by public health orders and guidelines to help slow the spread of COVID-19. This program is designed for responsible businesses that are following public health guidance, and going above and beyond to prioritize the health and safety of their staff and customers.
The Grand County GrandStar Certification Program, Grand County's version of the variance program, allows restaurants that achieve the certification to increase capacity above existing public health orders when approved by GCPHE. Bars that operate like a restaurant will also be eligible. Gyms, yoga studios, fitness centers, and other personal recreation businesses that meet GrandStar criteria will be able to increase capacity. If the program is successful, and COVID case numbers continue to decline, more business sectors will be eligible.
- Social Distance Signage
- Masks and Enforcement Plan
- Regular Sanitation and Cleaning of High Touch Surfaces
- Employee Symptoms and Exposure Checks Daily Plan
- Customer Symptom Screening Plan
- Sufficient Quality Ventilation
- Contact Tracing Data Collection
- Business Specific Plans for Outbreak Detection
- Reporting, and Response; Exposure Notification Service Promotion
- Zero Prior Notification Service Promotion
- Special Hours