If you can walk, you really can snowshoe! Trust us. All you have to do differently is strap on snowshoes and start walking with your legs slightly wider than usual. It’s that simple.
Whether you like the groomed trails at any of our Nordic centers, or are looking for a day in the wilderness on our miles of trails throughout the Arapaho National Forest, snowshoeing is a great fit. With miles of tree-lined trails in an endless backcountry wonderland, there are plenty of options to satisfy your romping through powder dreams.
You’ll find that snowshoe rentals are available at most ski shops throughout the valley.
Pick the snowshoe adventure option that fits you best:
- Rocky Mountain National Park has miles of backcountry trails and offers FREE ranger-led beginner and intermediate snowshoe tours. Bring your own snowshoes and ski poles. Call 970.627.3471 to reserve a place in advance.
- Winter Park Resort offers snowshoe tours include snowshoe rentals, a one time lift pass and a knowledgeable guide to lead the way. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made by calling the Tour Center at 888.221.1806. If you’re feeling adventurous and prefer to head out on your own path, snowshoe rentals are available at Balcony House Guest Services. A self-guided trail map and list of nearby trail routes is also available.
- Granby Ranch’s Nordic trail system encompasses 25 kilometers of groomed trails. Bring your own equipment or rent at the base.
- With more than 100 kilometers of trails tracking through 5,200 acres of mountain meadows, YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch’s Nordic Center has something for everyone, even guided hikes. Besides snowshoeing & cross-country skiing, guests may also enjoy ice skating, sledding, and tubing.
- Grand Lake Nordic Center boasts a variety of terrain within its 35 kilometers of groomed tracked and skating trails. The center is also perfect for snowshoeing, featuring a variety of routes through forests and meadows. They even have a dog friendly loop.
- Whether you prefer a leisurely tour across a meadow or a spirited romp through the woods, snowshoeing at Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa allows you the chance to enjoy the scenery and get great exercise! We’re home to more than 100km of marked snowshoe trails. The Nordic Center rents quality equipment, including infant sleds.
- If you’d like some ideas to head out on your own, check out these trail suggestions that work well for snowshoeing, or take a peek at our Winter Trail Map and Fraser River Trail Winter Map. Feel free to stop by the Information Center for a copy to take with you.