Think you can't snowshoe? Think again!
If you can walk, you r-e-a-l-l-y can snowshoe! Trust us. All you have to do differently is strap on snowshoes and start walking with your legs slightly wider than usual. It's that simple.
Whether you like the groomed trails at any of our Nordic centers, or ere looking for a day in the wilderness on our miles of trails throughout the Arapaho National Forest, snowshoeing is a great fit. With miles of tree-lined trails in an endless backcountry wonderland, there are plenty of options to satisfy your romping through powder dreams.
You'll find that snowshoe rentals are available at most ski shops throughout the valley.
Pick the snowshoe adventure option that fits you best:
Rocky Mountain National Parkoffers FREE ranger-led beginner snowshoe tours on Saturdays at 1pm and intermediate snowshoe tours on Sundays at 1pm. Bring your own snowshoes and ski poles and meet at the . Call 970.627.3471 to reserve a place in advance. Kawuneeche Visitor Center
- Winter Park resort offers snowshoe tours for $39/person. Tours include snowshoe rentals, a one time lift pass and a knowledgeable guide to lead the way. Guided tours depart the Village at 10:30am daily and 1:30pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made by calling the Tour Center at 970.726.1616. If you're feeling adventurous and prefer to head out on your own path, snowshoe rentals are available at Balcony House Guest Services. A self-guided trail map and list of nearby trail routes is also available.
- Granby Ranch’s Nordic trail system encompasses 25 kilometers of groomed trails. Five bucks buys a single lift ticket to explore it all on snowshoes. Bring your own equipment or rent at the base.
- With more than 100 kilometers of trails tracking through 5,200 acres of mountain meadows, YMCA of the Rockies-Snow Mountain Ranch’s Nordic Center has something for everyone. Besides snowshoeing & cross-country skiing, guests may also enjoy ice skating, sledding, and tubing. Activities are complementary for Snow Mountain Ranch guests, YMCA of the Rockies Members, kids five and younger and adults 70 and older. For everyone else, a single-day trail pass is just $15 for adults and children 6 and up.
boasts a variety of terrain within its 35 kilometers of groomed tracked and skating trails. The center is also perfect for snowshoeing, featuring a variety of routes through forests and meadows. A day pass is $14 for adults and $5 for kids 16 and under. Starting at 1:30pm, get a half-day pass for $12. The Grand Lake Nordic Center
- Whether you prefer a leisurely tour across a meadow or a spirited romp through the woods, snowshoeing at Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa allows you the chance to enjoy our scenery and get great exercise! We're home to more than 20km of marked snowshoe trails. Our Nordic Center rents quality equipment, including infant sleds.
- If you'd like some ideas to head out on your own, check out these trail suggestions that work well for snowshoeing.