Winter Park’s Winter Snow Tubing
Winter Park Boast More Ways to Sled, Slide Down Slopes than Any Other Colorado Destination
–‘Colorado’s Favorite Playground’ has five tubing hills for family-friendly adventure –
Winter Park, Colo. – Winter Park & Fraser Chamber is not only home to a world-class ski resort, it is also a top-notch tubing destination. The Winter Park area boasts more tubing hills than any other Colorado destination. Some of the slopes even have lights to create an exhilarating experience after dark.
Here’s a look at where visitors can catch the thrills of the tubing and sledding hills in Winter Park.
- Coca-Cola® Tubing at Winter Park Resort: This is an epic tubing adventure with four lanes, a conveyor belt and a state-of-the-art warming structure, located just steps from the slopes of Winter Park Resort. Walk-in rates are $20/hour during the regular season and $22/hour during the holidays and spring break. Discounted group rates are also available.
- Colorado Adventure Park: Located just five miles from Winter Park Ski Resort, Colorado Adventure Park offers activities for all ages and adventure levels. Tubing rates are $18/hour or you can rent double tubes for $32/hour. Children under three can ride sleds on a mini-hill for free. Snowscoots – a fun-filled fusion of bike and snowboard – can be rented at a rate of $10 for 10 laps.
- Fraser’s Tubing Hill: This legendary groomed and lighted hill is complete with a lift to take you to the top. Adrenaline junkies may descend individually, in tandem, or in group clusters (for the fastest and longest ride!). Rates are $15/hour or $20 for 90 minutes on Monday-Thursday and $18/hour on the weekends and holidays.
- Grand Lake Nordic Center: Located 45 minutes from downtown Winter Park, this center offers free tubing and sledding. The Nordic Center is open to the public and is the perfect choice for families with little snow bunnies.
- YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch: The $15 day pass allows access to not only the tubing hill, but also the other amenities at the ranch. Enjoy the swimming pool, climbing wall, roller skating rink, cross-country skiing, ice skating and much more.
- Town of Winter Park sledding hill: Hideaway Park is located in the heart of downtown Winter Park. This is a perfect place for families seeking a sled spot. Kids of all ages can ride the free hill sponsored by the town of Winter Park. Sleds are available for check-out using the honor system. Parental supervision is recommended.
To learn more about planning a trip to Winter Park any time of the year visit www.playwinterpark.com.
Winter Park & Fraser Chamber (www.PlayWinterPark.com)
The Winter Park & Fraser Chamber is a non-profit Colorado corporation created to help further and maintain responsible growth in the Winter Park-Fraser Valley area, located in the Rocky Mountains just 65 miles west of Denver. The area was recently named Best Summer Resort by Competitor magazine.
Gaylene Ore, Ore Communications, 970-531-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Ehlert, Winter Park-Fraser Chamber, 970-283-3548, email@example.com« Back to Overview