Winter Park & Fraser Chamber Announces 10 Things Under $20 to Do This Summer
Photo caption: Vacationing to Winter Park is possible even on a budget, thanks to these ideas from the Winter Park & Fraser Chamber.
Editor’s note: To see a video about the top 10 things to do in Winter Park go to https://youtu.be/LwmPf9f6RdA
Winter Park, Colo. – The Winter Park & Fraser Chamber knows it is important for families to stick to a budget when traveling. That’s why the chamber has collected this list of 10 things to do for under $20 this summer in Winter Park. In fact many of these activities are free!
For more on planning a trip to Winter Park or to learn about lodging deals visit www.playwinterpark.com.
- Ride or hike the 600 miles of trails around Winter Park that make the area Mountain Bike Capital USA™. It’s free, as long as you have your own bike. Affordable rentals are available at numerous bike shops around town. At Granby Ranch you can even ride the chair lift for free Wednesdays through Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. from May 22 (weather permitting) through September 27.
- Winter Park hosts affordable festivals and events nearly every weekend in the summer, including Fraser Tuesdays Picnic in the Park (June-August/free), High-Note Thursdays (June-August/free), Mountain Bike Capital USA™ Weekend concerts (July 11-12/free), Blues from the Top (June 27-28/$20 for one day admission), SolShine (Aug. 1/free), and Winter Park Music Festival (Aug. 15/free).
- Ride Colorado’s longest Alpine Slide at Winter Park Resort. Cost is $15 for adults, $6 for kids 5 and under.
- Play, even if you don’t stay, at YMCA of the Rockies/Snow Mountain Ranch. Day passes for visitors are $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 6-12 (kids under 6 get in free). Activities include disc golf, pool, basketball/volleyball courts, craft shop, playgrounds and hiking, among others.
- Fishing in the Lion’s Club ponds is free for kids under 18. Inexpensive rod rentals are available across the street at the fly shop, or you can bring your own gear for free.
- Cooper Creek Square in the center of Winter Park has free family fun throughout the summer with ice cream socials, juggling, comedy and magic stage shows, street performers, face painting and crafts and more!
- At the hip new Foundry Cinema & Bowl in Winter Park, movies are $10, bowling is $12/person/hour (or only $9/person/hour from 4-6 p.m.!), and food starts at only $6.50.
- Mountain Moon Yoga offers a variety of yoga classes for all skill levels throughout the week for just $15 per class, while Elevate Pilates & Physical Therapy has group Pilates classes for $20 each. Free Fitness in the Park classes are offered every Sunday, June 14-Aug. 30, in downtown Winter Park.
- Take a brewery tour or do a wine tasting at the Hideaway Park Brewery, Moffat Station Brewery, The Library and Winter Park Winery. There are also happy hours at various locations around town. Check with the staff at the Winter Park Information Center (78841 US Highway 40) for tour and tasting details, and a weekly list of happy hour specials.
- Brush up on the history of the area by visiting one of the fascinating museums in the area. Cozens Ranch Museum is the site of the first ranch and stage stop in the Fraser Valley. Admission is $5/adults, $4/seniors (62 and older), $3/students and free for children under six. The Kauffman House Museum, which costs just $5 for adults and is free for kids 12 and under, is the last of the early Grand Lake log hotels in existence. At Pioneer Village Museum in nearby Hot Sulphur Springs tools, clothing and artifacts from the old West live on. Admission is $5/adults, $4/seniors (60 and older), $3/students and free for children under five.
About Winter Park & Fraser Chamber (www.PlayWinterPark.com)
The Winter Park & Fraser Chamber is a non-profit Colorado corporation created to help further and maintain responsible growth in the Winter Park & Fraser Valley area, located in the Rocky Mountains just 65 miles west of Denver.
Gaylene Ore, Ore Communications, 970-531-2336, firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Ehlert, Winter Park &Fraser Chamber, 970-283-3548, email@example.com
« Back to Overview