4th of July Holiday Weekend Events
Photo caption: Winter Park’s Independence Day festivities continue through the weekend.
–Recent rains salvage professional fireworks display in “Colorado’s Favorite Playground”-
Winter Park, Colo. – Winter Park-Fraser Chamber today announced the line-up of family festivities for the July Fourth holiday weekend. According to the chamber, recent rains mean the professional fireworks show scheduled as part of the July Fourth celebration will likely be held, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Here’s a complete look at all of the fun families can experience this Fourth of July weekend in “Colorado’s Favorite Playground.” For more information visit www.playwinterpark.com, call 970-726-4118 or stop by the Visitors Center located at 78841 U.S. Highway 40 in Winter Park.
Thursday, July 4
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Fourth of July BBQ & Happy Hour Live Music (Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa) – Enjoy an all-you-can-eat, chef-prepared BBQ. Tickets are $29 for adults and $14.50 for kids under 12. From 4-6 p.m. enjoy happy hour and live music featuring “Mason Rush.”
- 12-1 p.m.: Fitness in the Park (Hideaway Park) – Free “Yoga Mix” class designed for a wide variety of ability levels.
- 4 p.m.-Dark: Lance Gutersohn’s 4th of July Celebration (Fraser Valley Sports Complex) – This family friendly celebration includes kids activities, inflatables, a community picnic, music by DJ Michael and fireworks at dark.
- 5-8 p.m.: Gallery Night (Granby Ranch Grill) – This artistic events features five different artists, dinner specials and free wine tasting.
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.: Kids Night Out (Winter Park Resort) – Offered for kids 4-12 years old, this program is free to parents who spend $30 per child in any commercial outlet at the resort during the time the kids are in the program. Call 800-729-7907 for reservations.
Friday, July 5
- 4-8 p.m.: First Friday Art Walk, Bike or Drive (Winter Park & Fraser) – Walk, bike or drive for a taste of local art at the many open houses in Winter Park and Fraser.
- 4-6 p.m.: The Friday Music Series (Winter Park Resort) – Featuring live music by Dixie Leadfoot, this event is held in the Village gazebo.
- 6-8 p.m.: Cooper Creek Square Music on the Mall (Winter Park) – Musical guest is Last Flight Out.
- 8-10 p.m.: Coca-Cola® Family Night Movie (Winter Park Resort) Watch “Rise of the Guardians” on the lawn next to the Private Lesson Center for free.
Saturday, July 6
- Trestle Gravity Series (Saturday and Sunday at Winter Park Resort) – Seven races over three weekends, and thousands of dollars in prize money.
- 7:30-11 a.m.: Lions Club Pancake Breakfast (Saturday and Sunday at Grand Park) Adults eat for $6, children 6-12 are $4 and kids under 5 eat free. Proceeds benefit the Fraser River Valley Lions Club.
- 9 a.m.: Grand Park Run for Independence (Winter Park/Fraser) – The five-mile race/walk winds through the resort, down the Fraser River Trail through Winter Park, and into Fraser. To register: http://www.prerace.com/races/event/45652/Run-4-Independence–Grand-Park-.
- 10-11:30 a.m.: Strawberry Jam Fun Race (Bike Granby Ranch) – Celebrate the grand opening of the new green trail, Strawberry Jam. The rider with the most laps around the trail wins a prize! Entry fee is $15 and free for kids 13 and under.
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m.: The Village Uncorked! (Winter Park Resort) – This event features local artists, regional wines and cheese.
- 1-4 p.m.: Ice Cream Social (Cooper Creek Square) – Celebrate summer with live music by the Urban Island Steel Drum Band, face painting balloon artists, free ice cream and a bouncy castle.
- 2-11 p.m.: High Country Stampede Rodeo (Fraser) – Rodeo action at its finest!
- 3-7 p.m. Free Horse Drawn Carriage Rides (Cooper Creek Square) – Enjoy the ride, then stay for shopping and dining.
- 6-9 p.m. Winter Park SolShine Music Festival Weekend (Hideaway Park) – This free concert features Leftover Salmon and The Samples. Visit http://www.playwinterpark.com/solshine_package.html to book a festival lodging package.
Sunday, July 7
- 9-10 a.m.: Fitness in the Park (Hideaway Park) – Free “Yoga Mix” class that is designed for a wide variety of ability levels.
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Lions Club Fishing Derby (Winter Park) – Free fishing derby for kids.
- 4-6 p.m.: Happy Hour Live Music (Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa) – Musical guest is Sarah Slaton.
Winter Park-Fraser Chamber (www.PlayWinterPark.com)
The Winter Park-Fraser Chamber is a non-profit Colorado corporation created to help further and maintain responsible growth in the Winter Park-Fraser Valley area, located in the Rocky Mountains just 65 miles west of Denver.
Gaylene Ore, Ore Communications, 970-531-2336, email@example.com
Diane Ehlert, Winter Park-Fraser Chamber, 970-283-3548, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to watch and/or download video by Grand County TV18
« Back to Overview